Flexible scopes are often used widely in hospitals, clinics and in laboratories, sometimes they can be damaged and requires repair, of interest to us at this level is to discuss how it is repaired and what takes place.
It is always recommended that whenever you want to repair the defects of your flexible scope, you seek the services of a qualified technician. An amateur could otherwise completely ruin your scope. The first thing that the technician does when called for the repair is to analyze and note all the defects that are in the flexible scope. It is always important that it is repaired in time and effectively so that it can perform well.
The technician inspecting your flexible should be an ISI technician.
For the flexible scopes to operate for a longer time, the minor and major repairs should all be checked, this major and minor repairs.
- Adjustment and angulation
- Replacing the bending sheath
- Replacing the suction cylinder
- Repair of the biopsy forceps
- Removal of x-ray stains
- Clogging due to air and water repairmen
- Replacing the nozzle
- Fluid invasion
Excellent repair of flexible scopes should include:
- Repair of all types, models and makes of flexible scopes
- At least a warranty
- The repair should check and test any leaks
- Documentation of the previous repairs is important for every scope repair for future reference
- It should inculcate the scope tracker software which tracks every repair
A flexible should always been working properly, this is to make sure that all the planned processes and schedules work out without frustration. This can be achieved with a few strategies; they however focus on both the repair and the best use of the flexible scope. This is ensuring:
- Relevant staff education on the use of the flexible scope, the reason being to minimize wrong use which brings about the defects on the scope
- Assessing the recorded inventory for to follow track of the repairs
- Conducting competent validation of the flexible scope
- Handling the flexible scope with care
When ordering your scope repair:
- Find a technician or a service industry with experience on that field, they should be certified, with the best repair instrument and the most up to date procures of safely repairing the scope. Remember that you do not want to jeopardize your scope at the hands of an amateur.
- It is much favorable to ensure that the technicians are well versed with the model of the flexible scope that you intend to repair. This is in bid to just follow up to see that your scope is repaired to the standard of the state it was from the manufacturer. Visit http://iendosolutions.com/ for more information on fixing your scopes.